As ICT underpins today’s modern lifestyle, it is essential that all pupils gain the confidence and ability that they need in this subject to prepare them for the challenge of a rapidly developing and changing technological world. The use of ICT will enhance and extend children’s learning across the whole curriculum whilst developing motivation and social skills.
We will aim to:
- Give all pupils opportunities to use ICT in every subject from English and Maths to PE and Music.
- Teach all pupils how to use the internet safely, not by limiting their use of the internet, but by teaching sensible use of it.
- Give pupils opportunities to choose when to use ICT and which ICT to use for given tasks when appropriate.
- Keep pace with educational developments in ICT and have a commitment to teachers having the necessary tools to do their jobs effectively, helping them to be confident and capable of creating effective and creative learning experiences for all pupils.
- Continue to use Information Management Systems to enhance pupil databases and record keeping.