COVID UPDATE 14th December 2021
COVID UPDATE September 2021:
- From 19th July, the government has moved away from stringent restrictions on everyone’s day-to-day lives.
- As COVID-19 becomes a virus that we learn to live with, there is now an imperative to reduce the disruption to children’s education.
From 16th August 2021, new rules were issued about isolation. See the flowchart below which clearly explains who needs to isolate following contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid:
Using up to date guidance, below is an overview of the measures in place from September 2021 at Spalding Primary Academy:
More detailed Government Guidance for parents can be found on the following link: What parents need to know about schools
- If your child is unwell, please keep them at home, if they become unwell at school we will ask that they take a PCR test, but siblings can remain in school
- If your child is unable to attend due to self-isolation or Covid restrictions, the school will provide remote learning via SEESAW.
- If the number of positive cases reaches a certain threshold at Spalding Primary Academy, we will have to consider extra precautions as advised by public health experts. Please see our Contingency Plan for Parents below for further details.
- Updated Risk Assessment is in place - see below
- Staff are no longer required to wear face coverings in school; however, if staff wish to wear them, they may. Staff are also be invited to test twice a week using the lateral flow tests.
- Children will continue to be supported to wash hands on a regular basis, cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and dispose of it (Catch it, bin it, kill it) and refrain from touching their face with unwashed hands.
- Face to face assemblies will resume on the first day of term along with singing - we can't wait to have everyone back together again in the hall!
- Children are no longer required to stay in bubbles and can mix freely on the playgrounds and in the lunch hall.
- It is expected that children will come to school in full school uniform unless it is a PE day, then they can come in their PE kits. Please send your child with a coat; the weather is unpredictable and we do like to be outside for play times as much as possible. Please name all uniform to avoid items getting lost.
- Indoor sport can take place but outdoor sport will continue to be prioritised, so please send your child in black or navy jogging bottoms and a plain black or navy sweatshirt or hoodie in colder weather in-line with our PE uniform expectations.
Drop-off and collection
Attendance at school is mandatory for all children & the one-way system around the school site remains in operation.
Drop-off: The gates will be opened at 8:45am and closed at 8:55am so there is a 10-minute window in which to arrive. Arrivals after the gates have closed will be through the Main School Office and will be coded as ‘Late’ in the Register.
Collection: The gates will be opened at 3.15pm and closed at 3:25pm so that all children can be collected promptly from outside their classrooms.
Please inform the School Office before the start of the school day if your child is absent for any reason. The phone-lines are manned from 8:30am – 4.00pm.
- Just a reminder: children should dismount from their bikes/ scooters at the gate so everyone can walk safely into school and across the playgrounds.
Covid Outbreak Contingency Plan for Parents from September 2021
The school will inform parents of any changes to Covid measures should these be needed.